Dancing Dove Creations

Friday, January 20, 2006

A Few New ATCs






"The Cat Couple" and "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" are from a zettiology inspired swap that I just sent out. They were kind of fun, but I don't know if I'll do more like these or not. The Cat Couple came out kind of dark so it's difficult to tell that it says "We were made for each other" on it.

ATC #2 is from a "Gypsy's Soul" swap that I'm currently working on. the basic idea is to create images that a "gypsy" might think or dream of. It's the first in the series of 9 and I liked the way it turned out. The phrase "Na bister 500,000" is a Romani phrase the means "never forget the 500,000". It is in reference to the gypsies that were killed in Nazi Germany. I obviously have several more of these in the works and will post some of the ones I like on here. Some ATC artists make 9 of the same or similar cards for a large swap like this. I usually prefer to make 9 totally different cards to more fully explore the theme. Both ways are acceptable.

The last ATC is from a photo of my daughter sleeping. I turned it into a black and white line image on a computer photo program, colored it lightly with colored pencils, then layered it with a couple of layers of light green rice paper. I have several swaps coming up where I may trade this card. I have a children themed swap, a love themed swap and a mother themed swap coming up - any of which would be a possible avenue for trading this one. I liked this image of my daughter so much that I did print several of them and will probably make more with this same image.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited I get to be the first one to comment on your blog. I love your style. You have truly adapted your art to little ATCs. I once hated ATCs with a passion. I think I have a hard time fitting an idea onto the cards when it is a theme I need to create to. I am much better at creating larger backgrounds/collages and cutting them up to ATC size. I'm glad you will be sharing and staying at oddArts. Welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home