Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Wizard Minis


The bottom two came out very dark in the scan, but these are the minis (1 1/2" x 2 1/2") that I just sent out for a swap. I'm feeling iffy about these, especially that third one. The colored pencils I was using were giving me fits, especially on the right side of the card. They just didn't want to stick to the painted background. I pasted a layer of thin tissue over it and redrew it which helped some but not enough. His hand came out all wonky after redrawing it so many times. I really dislike this one now that I look at it again but it's a little late to change it now since I already put them in the mail! I did a couple of others in this theme but hated them even while I was working on them. These are the four that made the cut I guess. The fourth one was a Harry Potter-ish one that I tried just to see what it would turn out like. Rather bland, but not completely terrible. I think the Alchemist one (the second one) is my favorite but I'm not in love with it either. Funny how I think I'll love a swap theme and end up feeling more or less indifferent about the results while other themes I don't think I'll like and end up loving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home