Dancing Dove Creations

Friday, February 10, 2006

I'm becoming my mother!


These fun cards were from a swap entitled "I'm becoming my mother!". They aren't the most "artistic" cards I've made but I liked doing them. And yes, the kids are mine...but not the horse.

I decided to update this entry because few of the people who read this blog will know me or my family well enough to know that I'm NOT SERIOUS about these sayings! I don't actually say any of these things and quite frankly neither did my mom. Everyone knows them though, don't they! When I did some of these cards I was trying to portray the *fun* side of these often repeated sayings. That's why I used the colors I did. I wanted them to feel bright, vibrant, childlike and FUN! While doing some of them I was thinking about how obviously silly those saying are. (Has anyone's face *really* ever frozen like that?) "Don't play with your food!" is one of my faves though. How could I look at the sheer JOY on that child's face and tell her to stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home