Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My First Altered Tins















These tins were created for an altered tin swap on one of the lists I belong to. It's an "odd" art list, hence the saying inside the smaller tin. My 9 yo son had great fun helping me find objects to put in the witchy box. He donated some of his wolf hair collection (yes, really) and several things from his nature collection so that it looked "witchy" enough. Oh, and he raided my herb cabinet as well. Looks like the makings of a decent witch's brew to me!

The "odd" tin was spray painted silver and decorated with permanent marker and some stickers from the Disney line. The inside is lined with leopard print tissue paper. The "witchy" tin was hand painted black with a fairly stiff brush so that it didn't look quite so smooth and new, then the top was decorated with papers and stickers and sprayed with a flat laquer. The inside is lined with a rusty-looking paper.

These are two of my first altered tins ever. My son and I made 4 total. (He likes to help with my work.) I'll post the other two in another entry because they have their own story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home