Dancing Dove Creations

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hand Drawn Cats



I just spent about an hour making these cats while the kids are sleeping in. They are for a hand drawn cats swap and I hope they get there in time! I cut my hand on a piece of glass a couple of weeks ago - right where my fingers meet my palm. It kept me from keeping up with all the swaps I've signed up for this month so now I'm scurrying trying to get them all done and sent before their due dates.

The cat with the green background is a simple pen sketch shaded with watercolor pencil. The background is of course painted watercolor paper covered with rice paper (one of my all time favorite backgrounds). I call him "Little Tiger" because I think all house cats have a great fantasy life and often pretend they are wild beasts hunting in the jungle when all we see is "playing". I didn't fill him in completely because I wanted the background peeking through. All of my cats are so sure that they blend *completely* into the background when they are "stalking". I figure he needed to do the same.

"Sunbeam" is a watercolor pencil sketch on cardstock. He got a little muddled but there was no time to redo it.

The kitten is my favorite though. I don't usually like to do "cute" but this little fella' was an exception. He's just a pencil sketch on illustration board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home