Dancing Dove Creations

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

World Tree


This is "World Tree". I created this card (along with some others) for a swap entitled "The Great Earth Mother Goddess". I decided to post it here not only because I like the way it turned out but also because I wanted to show that pre-made stickers can be a part of a cohesive piece of art. The tree sticker in this piece looks like a part of a whole, not just something stuck on the top.

"World Tree" started with a base of earthy colored handmade paper, then I added the vellum tree sticker and another layer of a darker paper over that (in which the circle is cut). Then I put yet another layer of light green rice paper with silver flecks over all of this. (I use matte gel medium as an adhesive btw.) I then enhanced the overall effect with gold ink and watercolor pencils.

And just for the record...I don't have anything against people using stickers. I obviously use them myself on some of my ATCs. I just wanted to show that they don't always have to *look* like stickers!

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Christi said...

I would have never guessed there was a sticker in there. That is just beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home