Dancing Dove Creations

Saturday, March 25, 2006

3-d Wings


These cards were for a swap entitled "Pixie Dust". The theme was pixies or fairies with 3-d wings. It sounded like something I would like since I like making my butterflies have moving wings anyway. I think they turned out great! You can't tell that most of them are 3-d because they were flattened out on the scanner. The three with pics of my daughter were my usual type of wings - attached only at what would be the "body" of the butterfly leaving the wings free to "flap" - except this time I used only one wing and the "body". The vintage one was different though. I used the full butterfly silhouette and folded it off center so that the wing underneath showed and then put a spacer of folded paper between the two wings to keep the upper wing raised off the card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home