Dancing Dove Creations

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Sunrise/Sunset


















These are a couple of pieces I just sent off for a 4"x6" swap. The sunrise painting is okay. I think the foreground trees look too evenly spaced and uniform though. The rainy day sunset was just a sketch that I sent in because I didn't have time to do a complete painting. It's not a finished piece by any means, but I like the idea. Here in Indiana the ground in rather flat and you can see storms coming from miles away when you are out in the country. It's very dramatic, especially during the times of year when the fields haven't grown very tall. I love it when I can look out over the horizon and see where the rain starts and stops. This sketch was done with that in mind. If I were to work on a painting from this sketch I would do more definition in the clouds and use a little more of the reds, yellows and oranges. Everything got muddled in the sketch.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger DollZandThingZ said...

These fine works of art are now in my possession--I was the recipient in the swap! Very nice to know more about them. Lovely work--thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home