Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Daisy Ditty Bag



I haven't really done much painting the last few days. Instead I've made several of these little bags. All of the ones I've made so far are blue for the simple fact that I have lots of blue yarn lying around. I don't tend to use blue much for myself. I think blue is used so much that it's almost a neutral color anymore. Think about it...most people consider blue jeans a "basic" and blue is the color most often chosen my people when they just want to blend in. Any medium blue tends to not be noticed.

But I digress. The bags are based on Dots Ditty Bag : http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/163.html

I just love this pattern! It works up so quickly and easily. As you can see, I've been adding flowers to some of them to make them a little more "girly" for my daughter. She's absconded with all of the ones I've made so far and filled them an assortment of toys and goodies. Now I need to make one that's a little more "me". Hot pink is more my style.

I must be on another crochet kick because over the last couple of days I also made a new dishcloth and started a crocheting a swiffer style cloth, both out of cotton. The thing that got me started on that was this potholder stitch:
I also made the "fuzzy hat" in the other pic for my daughter this morning. It's a soft orange, fuschia and black little thing that took exactly one skein of yarn. She wore it around the house (completely naked otherwise, as potty training 2 year olds will do) most of the morning and as I'm udpading this she's doing so again. She's sitting on the floor playing with her most treasured posessions - her Littlest Petshop Pets that she got for Yule - in her hat and her birthday suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home