Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Anger - in two parts


This is a set of two ATCs depicting anger at the "point of explosion". They were done with tar gel and liquid acrylics. I taped down the cards and spread clear tar gel over the entire surface then dripped the liquid acrylics into the gel. I used a palette knife to smear and blend the paints into the gel until I liked the results. I wish you could see the luminous quality of these cards. It's difficult to see, but the white of the paper really *glows*. The only problem with this set is that the artist's tape that I used tore the paper. I hate it when that happens. I'll probably cut the paintings out and re-mount them on new cards.

I also made several abstracts in a similar manner but without any paper backing. They are pure tar gel and liquid acrylic. They are still drying though. I'll post those when they are dry and cut into ATCs...if my cat will stop walking across them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home