Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Alien Cards



These are two of my alien themed cards. They are abstract images made by swirling, dribbling and finger painting with acrylic enamels. (Yes, "real" artists finger paint! It's not just for kids and really frees up your creative mind.) The scan of "Red Alien" turned out great, but "Abduction #1" looks very dark. The background looks black-ish but it's acutally purple and green. Once again, the names for these paintings came from what I was thinking about while painting. A friend of mine and I had been talking about various "unexplained phenomena" and talk got around to alien abduction and frontal lobe stimulation and that's what I was thinking of when I made these. Is it any wonder that I saw aliens and UFOs when I looked at them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home