Dancing Dove Creations

Friday, July 28, 2006

"Color and Sound" 9 Panel

Here's yet another 9 panel ATC set. I combined my latest doodle obsession with a multi-layered acrylic background and came up with this. My only wish is that I had actually planned this piece from the beginning. I had been planning a doodle as the final layer of a painting, I just didn't expect it to be *this* painting. If I had I would have made the background trasition from yellow in the left hand corner to the red at the bottom so that those tendrils looked like they were reaching for the light.

As I've probably mentioned before, I name paintings depending on what I was thinking of while creating them because more often than not what I'm thinking about affects the paiting. This one is called "Color and Sound" because I had just watched "Blast", the PBS musical program with Star of Indiana. (All you other band geeks out there will probably know what I'm talking about here.) I watched it by myself while the kids were playing and then made my husband watch it when came home that evening while I was doing some of the doodles for this piece. Although it was unintentional, I can see the influence of "Blast" in this piece. The grid on the stage, the bells of the horns, the colors, the movements of the flags, the organic shapes from the "grass" parts...it's all in there, and when I look at this piece I'm instantly transported back to that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home