Dancing Dove Creations

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Puzzle Pieces


























These were some of pieces that I sent off for a puzzle swap this week. I loved working on these particular pieces because they were wooden and such a joy to work on. I didn't have to worry about them warping on me and the edges were so much easier to get smooth.

The piece with the paper doll, the bronze colored one with the triangles, and the gold/brown ones are my favorites from this set. I have already started a larger painting with the same elements as the gold and brown one. It was created by spreading on a layer of modeling paste and pressing plastic canvas into it for the gridlike texture. The bronze one was made with an underlayer of fine pumice gel and painted with several layers of color, the final one being a bronze metallic. I cut up an old painting to create the triangles. The one with the paper doll, which I called "Wallflower" was made with a primarily orange underpainting, rice paper, and then a layer of green into which I pressed crumpled plastic wrap to create an even more mottled effect. (In reality the colors are much more similar and the doll blends more into the background, hence the name.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home