Dancing Dove Creations

Friday, June 23, 2006

4x6 Abstracts


















I ended up taking that painting that I did for the paint along and cutting it up into 4x6, ATC and mini ATC sized pieces. These are a few of the 4x6s that I swapped out this week from that painting. I left some of them as they were in the original painting, like the blue and the red ones in this set, while others I added a little to in order to make them a little more interesting. The one with the gold swirls, for instance, was enhanced with permanent markers. I really liked how I could get several different "looks" from the same painting by creatively cropping and cutting. I also like the fact that because it was painted on paper it was easy to recycle into other things. I saved all the scraps that were left over after cutting up the painting so that I could use them in collages. I don't think I'm going back to painting on canvas any time soon! I was using watercolor paper because I couldn't afford canvas for a while, but I'm finding that painting on paper has its advantages. And speaking of paper, I was running low on wc paper and went to the store to get a few sheets. While I was there I picked up some paper specifically made for acrylics. I figure I'll give it a try and see which I like painting on better.

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger Ren Allen said...

Ooh, let me know how it works! I adore WC paper and have been getting back into Watercolors lately. Love your work, as usual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home