Dancing Dove Creations

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Digital Play



























I've been playing around with some of my photographs lately - altering them in Photoshop to come up with different effects. Some of them I've been using for ATC material. I'm especially fond of some of the cemetery photos I've taken as well as some of the ones of my son. (He's so expressive that he makes a great subject!) These are a few of the results of my digital playing. My son and I both thought the altered photo of him playing around with his spiky ball over his head was pretty creepy. The alien flower was made by taking that same photo and altering it to create the background (notice the spikes?), then drawing the flower in over it with the brush tool. The two cemetery photos are yet more pics of one of my favorite pieces of cemetery art. It resides in a local cemetery and has been the focus of several of my pieces of artwork. I like the composition of this photo so I thought I would play around with simply changing the photo slightly to alter its feel. I have loads of these, each slightly different, and the majority that I've printed to use in swaps are entitled "Beloved Shade" because this particular piece of cemetery art always brings to mind the quote "Beloved shade, perhaps now hovering near/ Oh! Let your spirit whisper in my ear". You can't see it in this photo, but the reason I think of this particular quote is because she has her right hand up near her ear as if she is listening for some soft sound that only she can hear. She fascinates me so I just keep using her.

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ren Allen said...

Beautiful.
I love cemeteries....your statue reminds me of the Bonaventure cemetery in Savannah Georgia. The kids and I took rubbings there, it was a really awesome place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home