Dancing Dove Creations

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hemp Happy Part 2



Here is a pic of the bracelet that started it all for me and the necklace that I made about 10 years ago. I thought I had some of the soleless beach sandals I made too, but they must be packed away with all the macrame stuff somewhere.

Unfortunately, just within the last week or so my bracelet has started to fray on one of the cords that wraps around the main bead, so I have been forced to retire it :-( It is just a simple square knot sinnet with spaces and a bead closure, made of waxed linen I believe, but I'm rather attached to it. The necklace is macrame cord in an alternating square knot sinnet and triple pretzel knot design with lots of space in between each motif. When I first made it it was very lacy looking and pretty, but the cotton was too soft and after a few wearings it lost it's shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home