Dancing Dove Creations

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Doodles




















I joined a brand new list for people who make doodles of all types. The owner calls the list "Inklin" and it instantly became one of my favorites. Because of that list I've started doing "morning doodles" to get the creative juices flowing before I start painting. On busy days those doodles may be all the artwork I get done for the day, but it's better than no art.

We've already had a couple of challenges on the Inklin list. The orange doodle and pink on with the bird were the results of the first two challenges. Can you tell from looking at them that I was heavily influenced by mehndi? I had a lot of trouble putting pen to paper for these at first until I saw the connection between purposeful doodling (as opposed to the kind I do while I'm on the phone) and making freeform mehndi designs.

The pink circle one was the first doodle I did. I was waiting for my son to get out of his drama camp and traced a series of rings around a quarter then just started filling in the spaces with different designs and when I was about half way done it was like something just opened up inside me. The second one (the yellow one) was much better. I think I'm getting the hang of this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home