Dancing Dove Creations

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Into the Sea


This is a small (4x6) painting that I just finished. It started as a non-representational piece but as I was working on it it began to remind me of the mouth of a river with rich farmland around it, which is where the name came from. This piece is part of an ongoing series of painting with the same basic elements. It all started with that altered puzzle piece that I did. It kept haunting me and begging to be turned into a larger piece. I haven't made the larger piece yet because I keep playing with the smaller images, changing them slightly and haven't come up with the right mixture of elements that say they want to be turned into a larger piece.

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger mumtahanah said...

I LOVE YOUR ART! i just learned of your site via the funky crochet group (congrats on the yarns, btw), & i'm glad i stopped by. 'venus emerges' is beautiful...
mu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home