Dancing Dove Creations

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Celtic Knot


I haven't posted much on here recently so I thought I'd post one more. This is a celtic knot ATC that I just finished last night. I drew the original design on some mulberry paper a while back. I had the mulberry paper lying on a piece of white paper and the markers I was using bled through onto the white paper. I loved the way the colors bled through in some places and left an almost antique looking image, like old paint flaking off an ancient church wall. I've kept that bleed-through image for some time and finally decided to do something with it. I enhanced some of the black outline every so slightly and then used watercolor pencils to darken the background. And finally I added a brighter gold color over the old gold areas to suggest multiple layers of paint. I really liked the way it turned out and hope the recipient enjoys it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home