Dancing Dove Creations

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Going with the Flow - My Mother Goddess ATC


I was preparing a large piece of paper with modeling paste a couple of weeks ago and hada large gob left over on my knife, so I swiped it off on an ATC base and scratched a quick doodle into it. I didn't think much more about it at the time, but I ran across it the other day and decided to do something with it for an upcoming swap. I decided to paint it with several thin layers of Golden liquid acrylics. I basically just placed colors in general areas and let them go where the wished. I then rubbed it in with my fingers (my favorite painting tools!) in some area and rubbed out ares with paper towel in other. After several layers of paint, this is what I had come up with. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started her, but I think she turned out beautifully. As with any painting I do, there are areas that I almost wish I could do over, but I've learned from experience that that rarely works out for the better. It always looks like all the life is taken out of the painting even if it is technically a "better" painting. There's just something missing. Going with the creative flow always gives me results that I'm much happier with.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Deanne said...

She is just beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home