Dancing Dove Creations

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Spider Web Inklin


I did a double duty inklin/devotion this morning. It's the only artsy thing I've managed to do all day, so I decided to consider it both my Daily Devotion for the day and my inklin for the challenge on that list this month.

When I saw that the inklin challenge this time was spider webs I thought back to when I was walking the dog a couple of mornings ago. While I'm standing there freezing my butt off waiting for the dog to do her business I start to notice little things - leaves in the gutter with interesting patterns, cracks in the sidewalk that look like faces. I actually like that time of day for that reason. I like being up and outside that early in the morning, even in winter. It's quiet and peaceful and it feels like the possiblities for the day are endless. We have yet to hit the fast paced frenzy of activity that our days usually consist of, so I still have time to notice the little things that I'll miss later on in the day. That particular morning it was an old spider web with frost on it that caught my attention. The sun was just starting to come up over the treeline and the frost on the web was beginning to melt into little droplets. With the sun shining through the drops it looked like the spider's web was all decked out in Christmas lights! As I was finishing the inklin my 2 year old insisted it needed a spider so, silly me, I tried to put it in the middle of the web. I should have hung it off one branch or the other cause it looks all cramped and shriveled up in there, like a too big drop of water or a blob of ink. Oh well. It seems like there's always something I wish I could do over. (It was done in silver ink on black drawing paper btw.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home