Dancing Dove Creations

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

4x6 textural yumminess




I have a new scanner!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have any art to scan.
I sent off all the paintings and ATCs that I created recently just before we got the new scanner hooked up. So, these pics are taken with the digital camera. Not the best, but better than nothing.

These are three of the 4x6 paintings that I sent in for a swap on the Experimental Acrylics list. The dragonfly was a gel medium transfer of the image on an ATC i made a while back. I attached it to the support and then layered on more gel and paint while rubbing and scraping to get a more textural look. It's not quite what I envisioned, but its okay. The other two were experiments in texture that I created by pressing various materials into modeling paste and then painted with a combination of liquid and heavy body acrylics. I absolutely LOVE everything about them...the colors, the textures, everything! Rarely am I this pleased with just about every aspect of a painting, so having two that I loved was a treat indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home