Dancing Dove Creations

Friday, February 16, 2007

CAL socks are DONE


These socks were done as a crochet along (CAL) project on an e-list for sock crocheters. They were supposed to be *my* socks, but my son made off with them as soon as they came off the hook. Once he grows a little more he won't be able to do that and I'll have to make two pairs of the ones he likes, but *I* will get the first pair! lol I did get to try them on before my son made off with them and they fit great inside my Birkenstocks! I only had two skeins of sock yarn left so I made them ankle length instead of crew length like I wanted. It's okay though. It gives me an excuse to make more socks! One of these days I'll get around to knitting some too. I'd go ahead and start a new pair for myself but I'm totally out of sock yarn and the stores closest to me don't carry any. (Hmmm...I do have lots of mohair in my stash though...) If I used the multi-colored yarn again I think I'll make the heel and toe a solid color though. I love the way the yarn looks when worked in a spiral (like on the main body of the sock) but didn't care for the way it looked on the toe, heel and to a certain extent the ribbing around the top where I had to turn at the end of the rows.

I thought they turned out pretty well. The toe and heel look a little squared off on my son because his feet are slightly smaller, but on me they looked okay. The directions were great (they were written by one of the list members) and they worked up pretty fast as far as socks go. This was my one major crocheting project this week though. I worked a little on working in the ends of the sweaters that I finished last week, but the socks took most of my crocheting time. The only problem with being hit with the crocheting bug is that I'm spending so much time crocheting that I'm not getting to my paintings! Gotta' remedy that. I've got swap deadlines coming up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home