Dancing Dove Creations

Monday, February 19, 2007

Crochet ATCs



A couple of days ago I created these ATC size (2.5" x 3.5") crocheted pieces for a yarn ATC swap. I used up some of my little scraps for these. The green one is an unknown type of heavy thread or very light weight yarn. (The same one I used for the thread bear as a matter of fact.) It's of "vintage" origin, probably late 70's or early 80's, and is almost an spring green-ish/avocado-ish color IRL. The multi-colored one used up a little of the sock weight yarn scraps from the socks I made earlier and a black mohair that I *love* but don't have enough of to do anything with. There's a third as well - a denim blue sock weight wool piece that still needs a little somethin'. I was originally thinking beads but that didn't work. Neither did the addition of another yarn as an accent, so I ripped that out. Now I'm back to just a plain blue rectangle. (Well, plain as in no embellishments. It has a pattern to it but it is less lacey than these two.) I'm thinking I'll try treating it as the background and adding a motif to it. We'll see how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home